Product Highlights :
|Issue||Capital Gains Tax Exemption Bonds-Series-XIV|
‘ICRA AAA’ by ICRA Limited.
‘CARE AAA’ Stable/ CARE A1+ by Care Rating Limited.
'CRISIL AAA/Stable' by CRISIL Limited.
|Face Value||₹ 10,000/- per bond|
|Issue Price||₹ 10,000/- per bond|
|Coupon Rate||5.00% annually on or after 01.08.2020|
|Minimum Application Size||Two Bonds of ₹ 10,000/- each. (i.e. Minimum ₹ 20,000)|
|Maximum Application Size||500 Bonds of ₹ 10,000/- each in a financial year|
|Interest Payment & Date||Annually on June 30 of each year|
|Tenor||5 years/60 months from the deemed date of allotment.|
- Popular investment instruments to claim tax exemption on long term capital gains. Benefit of investing would be available on sale of land or building (residential or commercial).
- 100% Risk free investment.
- The holding period for these bonds is 3 years for bonds issued on/before April 1, 2018 and 5 years for these bonds, if issued on/after April 1, 2018.
- Interest on 54EC bonds is taxable and is earned annually.
- 54EC bonds are non-transferrable.
Yes, you can apply for 54EC Bonds online through Link. Just ensure to select 129 as the Broker Code.
Click on the REC 54 EC Download Form Link to fill the application offline. Ensure to select Broker Code 129.
You are required to submit the application form duly filled along with either an account payee cheque or demand draft payable in favor of “ Rec Ltd – 54EC ” or “ Rural Electrification Corporation Limited – 54EC Bonds ” along with necessary enclosures at any branch of HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, IDBI Bank across India or the designated branches of the following collecting banks – Axis Bank, Canara Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank.
Note: Applicant’s Name, Address and Application No. should be mentioned on the reverse of the Cheque/Demand Draft.
Click on this Application Status Link to check the status of the application.